Well this picture was borrowed from the site http://libby.withnall.com/ (Must give credit where it's due!)
I have a very special needs daughter and life and schedules for that matter run around her. No complaints but makes for interesting days! We use a big dry erase board to keep track of her feeding schedule and medicines ( more for our sanity than the nurse's when she's here).
I have another dry erase board that is our calendar. I need to get different colored markers for this one...to help keep track of who is who and when they have appointment. I still have the paper version which is great, because I carry that to Dr. appointments and can glance right there and see who has what, when and where.
Everyone has their own lovely Household "notebook, binder, manager, control journal...what have you. I have 3 binders and with good reason. The big binder is the household binder...this is for the family to use, ok more me than anyone else, I will get hubby to start using the sections that apply to him.
Binder 1 is the Household Binder. I have been tweaking it and making it work for my family. You need to do the same.
1) Time Management: weekly schedule at a glance, birthday & anniversaries, year at a glance, Christmas card keeper
2) Cleaning: Breakdown of each room weekly & monthly, detailed cleaning list
3) Homemade cleaning recipes:
4) Important contact information: In case of a medical emergency who to call and so forth.
5) DS section: his schedule, his house rules, updated medical information and detailed medical information.
6) My section: Has almost the same info as my son but pertains to me.
7) DH section: Same above but all information dealing with him, he has a military notebook all his own.
8) Household inventory: This is a list of all the books, DVDs, TVs appliances and more.
9) Finance: This is a list of all the bills, the account numbers and addresses that apply to them.
10) Vehicle maintenance: This section holds information pertaining to oil changes and maintenance done to the cars.
Binder 2 is all about my daughter. With a special needs child her sections are as follows:
1) Medical information
3) Medical equipment with a contact number to use in case said machine need repairs or parts
4) Hospitalizations in order with most recent in front. Very important to have!
5) Infant toddler services information
6) Respit care from the state. This section holds all their paper work they need to fill out and more
7) Being Military our DD is part of ECHO, the information and contact numbers are in this section.
8) Social Security/Medicaid, all this information is here. Her number and case worker all in one spot!
Binder 3 is all about the kitchen...this is still a work in progress! So far my sections are as follows:
1) Tips I find helpful
2) Menus....I keep all my old menus here. I write on the menu what my family liked and didn't like.
3) Cookbooks: A list of all my cookbooks...and I do have a lot of them
4) Favorite Recipes....I need to work on this section a bit more
5) Pantry inventory: good way to know what you have how much and when you will need more
6) Freezer: See above for pantry
7) Canning and Preserving information: This is where all the information for what is ripe in each season.
I do hope to post pictures of my Household notebook once I get it and the kitchen binder finalized.