Don't you just want to gobble them up???
I got this recipe from the food guy that lets you made brand named recipes at home. I have to admit that these are better than the store bought ones and it makes more of them too! Hubby and son can't seem to get enough this cookie. The trick to keeping them super moist is the molasses...shhhh
1 lb. of butter ( 4 sticks of butter), softened 2 eggs 2 Tbsp. molassess 2 tsp. vanilla 1/3 C. water 1 1/2 C. sugar 1 1/2 C. brown sugar ( I use light) packed 1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. salt 5 C. flour 2 pkgs. of chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees
2. Cream butter, eggs, molasses, vanilla, and water in med. size bowl.
3. In large bowl sift together sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour.
4. Combine wet mix with dry mix. Add Chocolate chips.
5. Shape dough into 1-in. balls and place them 1-in. apart on a greased baking sheet. I use a small cookie scoop so all my cookies are the same size.
6. Bake 8 min or until light brown around the edges. I let mine sit on the pan for 5 min to cool a bit before removing to cool completely.